axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: WSDL2Java support for advanced XML Schema/WSDL constructs
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:47:55 GMT

Patches that increase functionality are ALWAYS welcome.

A context diff against current CVS source is the best format.
Filing the changes in a Bugzilla report is the best way to make sure they don't get lost.

I don't believe there is anyone working on these areas.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordi A Albornoz [mailto:jordi@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 6:29 PM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: WSDL2Java support for advanced XML Schema/WSDL constructs

I have a question about WSDL2Java's current (Axis 1.1RC1) support for
certain XML Schema constructs and some attachment contructs in WSDL.

Specifically,
(a) xsd:choice groups
      - WSDL2Java seems to treat them no differently than xsd:sequence
groups as far as I can tell. Bugzilla bug 11290 mentions this.
(b) Content model groups with maxOccurs greater than 1 (i.e. xsd:sequence,
xsd:choice, xsd:all).
      - WSDL2Java ignores the maxOccurs on content model groups as far as I
can tell.  Bugzilla bugs 11290 and 15789 mention this.
(c) dime:message element
      - I have read that either WSDL2Java doesn't support DIME artifacts in
WSDL (list archive) or that it only supports it in rpc/encoded (test
case in cvs).  My current experience is that in a doc/literal WSDL with a
dime:message element, the generated proxy/stub have all of the
      parameters as OctetStream, even if they are simple integers in the
WSDL.

I noticed that the JAX-RPC spec doesn't require any of the above support
but the WS-I's draft basic profile requires all XML Schema constructs to be
supported.
So my main question is:
Are these features being currently worked on by anyone?
Would patches dealing with the above be welcomed?

Thanks.

Jordi Albornoz               Internet Technology
jordi@us.ibm.com         617-693-1278