axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: ws-commons / WSDL4J DIME extensions
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:16:11 GMT

WSDL2Java is already pluggable.  This work was done by the guys from IBM (who apparently vanished
from the face of the Internet after 1.0 shipped).

See the WSD2 class and the factories for each of the WSDL top level elements.  All of the
Java* emitters can be replaced with your favorite language without too much trouble.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Nirmal Mukhi [mailto:nmukhi@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 8:23 AM
To: axis-dev list; axis-dev@ws.apache.org; wsif-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: ws-commons / WSDL4J DIME extensions

Hi,

This would be a great start. I am particularly interested in refactoring WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL
to have a more pluggable architecture so we can share common code more easily.

In the wsdl2java case we can refactor so that the common code works off abstract wsdl only
and allows you to plug in binding-specific code generators. Axis can plug in code (currently
mixed in with other wsdl2java code) to operate on the SOAP binding and generate Axis stubs.

In the java2wsdl case we can do it similarly - have the common code operate on java classes/interfaces
to generate abstract WSDL, then plug in code to add bindings to this. The SOAP binding plug
in can also be part of the common project since it's a standard binding, but this architecture
will let WSIF plug in code to generate java, EJB, JMS, J2C bindings which are defined as a
part of WSIF.

Nirmal.

Davanum Srinivas <dims@yahoo.com>

02/07/2003 11:19 AM