axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: xsi type suppression in SerializationContextImpl
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:54:43 GMT

Hi Thomas!

>             OperationDesc operation = msgContext.getOperation();
>              if (operation != null) {
>                  if (operation.getUse() != Use.ENCODED) {
>                      sendXSIType = false;
>                      doMultiRefs = false;
>                  }
>              } else {
>                  SOAPService service = msgContext.getService();
>                  if (service != null) {
>                      if (service.getUse() != Use.ENCODED) {
>                          sendXSIType = false;
>                          doMultiRefs = false;
>                      }
>                  }
>              }
>
> If there are no objections I'll commit it.

This seems fine to me.  +1.

> BTW there seems to be a SQL server problem causing the test:
> wsdl.dataset.DataServiceTestCase to fail with the newest code
> base. Has
> anyone else seen this?

Yes, it's a problem on the server side, which once again reminds me that I really want to
STOP depending on external servers for our tests except when explicitly doing interop testing.
 Each time we encounter a "real" test of functionality we care about which uses an external
server, we should record the XML which goes back and forth, and then use the playback test
harness to test it locally, rather than going out over the net every build.  In most cases
there is only a single round-trip per test, so this is easy.

Re: the data service test, I've removed it from the build so you shouldn't see the problem
show up with the latest CVS.

--Glen