axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Kellogg, Richard" <RKell...@MICROS.COM>
Subject Java ResultSet to Microsoft .NET DataSet Serializer
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 18:37:21 GMT
Hello gang!

I have spent the last few days attempting to create a Serializer for a java.sql.ResultSet
that could be consumed by a Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Client.  Attached you will find the
FAILED results of my efforts.  I have used the Apache Axis 1.1 RC1 in these tests.

The attached zip file includes the following:

MS-WS-Response.xml - a wire dump of a response generated by a MS Web Service returning a DataSet.

AXIS-WS-Response.xml - a wire dump of a response generated by the Apache Axis WebService using
my DataSetSerializer.
DataSetSerializer.java - a standard Axis Serializer that generates a response suitable for
use by the .NET Framework.  (Note: WSDL generation is incomplete.  See comments in code.)
DataSetService.java - a Axis Web Service to return a ResultSet
TESTWS - an example C# Web Service that returns a DataSet
WSClientApp - an example C# Client app to retrieve the DataSet
deploy.wsdd - Axis Deployment descriptor

Please note: the serializer is not totally completed.  It does not generate WSDL code.  Please
see the inline comments for details.  I think I have done 80% of the work.  The serializer
converts everything to "xsd:string" and does not include include nullability info.  These
will be rectified if the other issues can be corrected.

Would someone mind taking a look at this?  As far as I can tell, the generated SOAP document
is logically equivalent to the MS generated one but the C# client always returns null.

Any ideas?
Rick Kellogg

 <<DataSet.zip>>