axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From ajba...@informatica.com
Subject RE: GZip Compression between Axis 1.1 Beta and Microsoft .NET Fra mework Solved
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:18:48 GMT
Hi,
Is any action taken to get this into CVS?
Wouldn't it be better to add the addons to the distribution? It's very small
and makes it more visible. Hidden on CVS most users might never find it.

Thanks,
ArentJan

-----Original Message-----

From: James M Snell [mailto:jasnell@us.ibm.com]
Sent: vrijdag 7 februari 2003 22:25
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: GZip Compression between Axis 1.1 Beta and Microsoft .NET
Framework Solved

This looks cool.  At the very least, I think that changing to the package
to org.apache.axis.components.gzip and adding this code to the
xml-axis\addons directory would be good.  This would mean that the gzip
code would not ship with the primary distribution but would be available
for folks to download, compile and use as needed.  How does that sound?

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

"Kellogg, Richard" <RKellogg@MICROS.COM>
02/07/2003 01:20 PM
Please respond to axis-dev

<axis-dev@ws.apache.org>
cc

bcc

Subject
GZip Compression between Axis 1.1 Beta and Microsoft .NET Framework Solved

Hi gang!

I have spent the last few days fighting the GZIP compression wars.  At
long last, the battle has been won.

I have true GZIP compression between a Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 client
and the release build of Axis 1.1 Beta.

Attached you will find a sample of how this all works.  I am not familiar
with the standard Axis build process so if someone would like to add
build.xml files feel free.  I think after a little review this could go
into our samples package.

Take care,
Rick Kellogg

<<GZip.zip>>