axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Rineholt <>
Subject Re: Call Parameter details
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:29:12 GMT
There is ... that's what WSDL4J is for.

Rick Rineholt
"The truth is out there...  All you need is a better search engine!"

Please respond to
Subject:        Call Parameter details

Question: why isn't there a way to list the input/output parameters that
have been configured on the org.apache.axis.client.Call object?

Example, using the code below, I can initialize a call object from WSDL,
but never see what parameters the initialization added to the Call.

Service service = new Service("implementation.wsdl", serviceQN);
Call op1 = (Call)service.createCall(portQN, "operation1");
// how do I get information about the expected parameters? (e.g.
names, parameter mode, type)

At the very least, we should have a method that returns an array of
parameter names that we can feed into the getParameterTypeByName and
getParameterTypeByQName methods, etc. Ideally, there should be a method of
inspecting the entire operation description.  Am I missing something?

- James Snell
IBM Emerging Technologies
(559) 587-1233 (office)
(700) 544-9035 (t/l)
Programming Web Services With SOAP
O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

View raw message