axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Mukhi <nmu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [WSIF/VOTE] Proposed restructure to java/lib
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:28:17 GMT

Hi,

+1 from me.

Nirmal.

                      "Jeremy Hughes"

                      <hughesj@hursley.        To:       "axis-dev list" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                      ibm.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  [WSIF/VOTE] Proposed restructure
to java/lib
                      01/22/2003 12:04

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

Guys, we voted on IRC a while ago to restructure java/lib so the jars were
in java/lib insteadm of subdirs of java/lib. This is what I propose:

* move all jars from java/lib/** to java/lib and ensure version number is
included in jar name. This is helpful to the user, who is entitled to
rename
them of course if their classpath gets too long

* create a single README.html in java/lib which describes each jar, what
uses it, what the license is, where it can be downloaded from and a pointer
to an appropriate appendix which describes the license for the jar

* change classpath.bat and classpath.sh to cope with the new structure.

I think that covers it.

We've already voted to change the structure. So please vote to agree the
details above.

Thx,
Jeremy