axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Anthony Elder" <ant.el...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [WSIF/VOTE] Proposed restructure to java/lib
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:08:05 GMT

Sounds ok, +1 from me.

       ...ant

Anthony Elder
ant.elder@uk.ibm.com
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

"Jeremy Hughes" <hughesj@hursley.ibm.com> on 22/01/2003 17:04:58

To:    "axis-dev list" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    [WSIF/VOTE] Proposed restructure to java/lib

Guys, we voted on IRC a while ago to restructure java/lib so the jars were
in java/lib insteadm of subdirs of java/lib. This is what I propose:

* move all jars from java/lib/** to java/lib and ensure version number is
included in jar name. This is helpful to the user, who is entitled to
rename
them of course if their classpath gets too long

* create a single README.html in java/lib which describes each jar, what
uses it, what the license is, where it can be downloaded from and a pointer
to an appropriate appendix which describes the license for the jar

* change classpath.bat and classpath.sh to cope with the new structure.

I think that covers it.

We've already voted to change the structure. So please vote to agree the
details above.

Thx,
Jeremy