axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Lerner <jler...@genome.wi.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Axis attachment naming enhancement (code attached)
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:24:47 GMT
Since Axis is already willing to hand me the file (on the server or the
client) with a name like "/tmp/Axis56789axis", I am able to do with it
what I will.  That means that if I wanted to rename it and possibly
execute it, I could.  What difference does it make to Axis or system
security if the original filename/extension are preserved?  The danger
is no greater.  It seems to me that security has to be implemented for
any Axis service that cares about it, but that obfuscating the filename
does not serve that purpose.

- Jim