axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Haddad <hadd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/webapps/axis happyaxis.jsp
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:04:50 GMT
Steve -

i'm still not clear why log4j is the only jar we distribute with a version
number tacked onto the end.  Irregardless, the class is found even if the
jar is named something else.  the jarname in the check was chosen because
that is the name of the jarfile distributed with Axis.  i'd be much
happier if the jarfile was renamed back to log4j-core.

there is a check for commons-logging which works, but the Axis servlet
will still fail to load if log4j is not loadable.

/Chris