axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steve Pannier" <Steve_Pannier....@jacada.com>
Subject Bug 15288
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:31:41 GMT
I have entered a new bug report for a problem I encountered with AXIS
1.1Beta.  I'm not sure how the
whole Bugzilla bug-reporting process works, but I'll go ahead and
re-describe the problem here.

I'm doing UDDI registry access/publish operations using UDDI4J.  I am
using AXIS as the SOAP
transport.  Since I'm doing publish operations (using https), my UDDI
client program uses JSSE as
the security provider (com.sun.net.ssl.*).  When I upgraded from AXIS 1.0
(which was working fine)
to AXIS 1.1Beta, I got the following NullPointerException:


TransportFactory: Using transport
name:org.uddi4j.transport.ApacheAxisTransport

Request message:
<get_authToken cred="myCred" generic="2.0" userID="myUserid" xmlns
="urn:uddi-org:api_v2"/>

Response message:
<ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <faultcode>soapenv:Server.userException</faultcode>
   <faultstring>java.lang.NullPointerException</faultstring>
   <detail>
    <ns1:stackTrace xmlns:ns1="http://xml.apache.org/axis/
">java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:157)
     at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:114)
     at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)


     at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
     at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:126)
     at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:182)
     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2376)
     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2365)
     at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1490)
     at org.uddi4j.transport.ApacheAxisTransport.send(Unknown Source)
     at org.uddi4j.transport.TransportBase.send(Unknown Source)
     at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.send(Unknown Source)
     at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.get_authToken(Unknown Source)
     .
     .
     .


In looking at the AXIS source code, I see there has been changes made to
the o.a.a.components.net package.
When I did some minimal debugging to see what was going on in
SocketFactoryFactory.getFactory(), I found
that it's returning NULL (which causes the exception in
HTTPSender.getSocket) because
AxisProperties.newInstance(SecureSocketFactory.class...) returns NULL.  It
looks like the "discovery"
mechanism in the o.a.a.AxisProperties class is failing to discover the
secure socket factory.

I didn't take it any further than that, as I'm not an expert in
JSSE/SSL/security, plus I'm not sure what the intent of
the changes to the socket/discovery code is.  So I don't know if this is
really a bug, or if there is a way for me to
change some configuration parameter in AXIS to correct this.

At any rate, my description in Bugzilla states that I would attach a test
case in an email to the axis-dev list.  The
attached JAR contains a test case showing the above problem.


(See attached file: Bug-15288-TestCase.jar)


Steve Pannier
Jacada, Inc.
(763) 201-0002 Ext. 219
spannier@jacada.com
http://www.jacada.com

Mime
View raw message