axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Nirmal Mukhi <nmu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [wsif] 2.0 first alpha release
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:03:11 GMT
Hi Alek,

This is outstanding - I tried the bin dist and was able to get the samples
working without much difficulty; then I tried the src dist, I was able to
build and then run samples following the instructions without any
problems. I love the classpath and build scripts, it really makes things
much easier.

Some minor issues listed here:
1. There are problems in the sample docs - the package names for sample
clients are wrong.
2. When building wsif, the build doc needs to mention that ant.jar is reqd
too and needs to be copied into lib/ant
3. Doc needs to be clearer in saying that prereqs are required before
build can start - there is a misleading paragraph that says "Most of
necessary jar files is already included in lib directory. You will only
need to download activation.jar and put it into lib/activation (see
README), mail.jar and put it into lib/javamail  (see README) and
optionally j2ee.jar or other jar file with J2EE APIs (see README) to
compile EJB and JCA providers" - this para is relevant for the binary dist
but IMO misleading in the build documentation.
4. I noticed a problem in building samples (I have seen this below, it is
an issue with the build.xml file and not the alpha packaging): when you
say "build clean samples" it goes through and after that you'd expect
samples to work but they don't. I get a WSIF error saying it can't find an
appropriate port for invocation. I have no idea why that comes up. I find
if I do "build clean all" the samples do work. I'm guessing there's an
unlisted dependency for the "samples" target.

So there are two tasks I see here: fixing docs and fixing the build.xml to
resolve the issue of samples not working after "build clean samples". I'll
do the docs, Alek since you're messing with the build can you take up the
second one?

Nirmal.

Aleksander Slominski <aslom@cs.indiana.edu>
12/12/2002 12:50 AM