axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Anthony Elder" <>
Subject Re: [AXIS/WSIF] proposed new WSIF home page URL
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:33:43 GMT

OK looks like this is decided for us, lets go with
for this release, we already have enough votes to do this right now. seems like a good prospect perhaps in time for a WSIF
2.1 release so how about we aim for that in the background. Sam, is there
anything the WSIF people can do to help get something like to happen?

Anthony Elder
Web Services Development
IBM UK Laboratories,  Hursley Park
(+44) 01962 818320, x248320, MP208.

Sam Ruby <>> on 10/12/2002 17:27:41

Please respond to

Sent by:    news <>

Subject:    Re: [AXIS/WSIF] proposed new WSIF home page URL

Anthony Elder wrote:
> sounds fine to me, probably everyone who liked
> would be happy with that also.
> I think our main concern should be how long this will all take. We want
> have an Apache WSIF release this year and would like something better
> the current
> Presumably with the ok of AXIS people we could create something at
> very quickly? But or
> would take longer? Sam, can you verify any of this
> give us any idea if its feasible to be doing this in the time frame of
> release?

My assessment of the timescales: now.  Simply check in what you want
here:  I have
a cron job which updates the main site from this source four times a
day.  You already have access to this cvs site.  As this was proposed on
the axis-dev mailing list with no dissenters, you have permission.  Go
for it. or late next month.
  The people who create DNS entries are on vacation, backups are in
place but really should only be used for emergencies.  We may have a
board meeting this month, but it will take time to hammer out a proposal
for a PMC.  The big question is whether we collectively want to pursue a
web services PMC, or if WSIF would prefer to be independent. hard to gauge.  My guess is that most XML
PMC members would prefer if one of the two alternatives above were
pursued, and therefore would require convincing.

- Sam Ruby

View raw message