axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: digital signatures and security
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:43:19 GMT

Because it's not something everyone wants to do with Axis, it's an example of an extension
to Axis.

There's likely to be a lot more of this (we hope!) as we move into the future - Axis is an
etensible engine which can be used as-is or built out to provide more complex functionality.
 We'd like to be able to ship a lot of Modules/Handlers/extensions (see recent thread about
Features/Modules/Bindings) with the "full" package but not force everyone to download/use
all of them.  Some of these extensions will want to move into the "baseline" package, and
we'll need to decide how we deal with that.

--Glen