axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis-wsif/java/doc RELEASE_TASKS.txt
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:29:15 GMT

Anthony Elder wrote:

>Alek, like I said on IRC I'm about to leave on holiday so the raising
>bugzillas for the axis provider problems I know about will have to wait
>till after the 27th, this is a place holder till then.

hi Ant,

i am concerned as i personally feel being left in dark: i looked on list
of bugs in bugzilla but i have no idea which one are critical and needs
to be fixed and which one can be postponed.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?long_desc=wsif&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr

>As for the other
>bugzilla's, isn't the point of having non final releases so people can
>report problems - new bugzilla bugs - and we then decide if it the problem
>should be fixed and included in the final release?

sure, those will be reported as new bugs but i think our users should
know which bugs are planned to be fixed for release and which one are
postponed so they can voice their concerns too and report new bugs or
request new features.

however can we hope to get any feedback if we do not make this
information available (we could also use people using WSIF and reporting
more about experience ...)

thanks,

alek