axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [AXIS/WSIF] proposed new WSIF home page URL
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:33:07 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Why not http://wsif.apache.org/ ?
>
> Now that I have your attention... ;-)

hi,

yes! that would be very good :-)

> The direction that the ASF is heading is that each community becomes
> its own separate top level ASF project.  Ant is such a community that
> recently got approved as a top level project.
>
> So the question on the table should be whether WSIF wants to be its
> own separate community, or part of a larger community.  If it is the
> latter, then I seriously doubt that the scope of that community is "XML".

also to make it easier for users to see conceptually where projects
belong and what is their relation it would be good to have umbrella
website (project?) that could keep list of related projects such as it
is now case with XML and maybe with WS (Web Services) in future?

> The process is relatively straightforward, and I will facilitate.  The
> essential ingredients are defining the scope and collecting the names
> of active committers who support the idea.

thanks for your help!

alek

--
The ancestor of every action is a thought. - Ralph Waldo Emerson