axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis-wsif/java/test/util WSIFTestRunner.java
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 23:09:03 GMT

Jeremy Hughes wrote:

>This test was written initially to ensure none of our text files we check in
>had rogue ^M characters. Agreed it's probably dangerous because it has a
>side effect. Some of us use the Eclipse dev environment ... the Windows
>version which has a tendancy to add ^M eg when creating a new file.

hi,

i think in this case Eclipse may have been a culprit and not CVS...

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/~checkout~/platform-vcm-home/docs/online/cvs_features2.0/cvs-faq.html#10_3

>This test was just to keep us honest as ^M can annoy non-windows developers.

CVS handles automatically end of line translations so there is no need
to fix them.

alek

--
The ancestor of every action is a thought. - Ralph Waldo Emerson