axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Jaime Meritt <jmer...@sonicsoftware.com>
Subject Bug 10479 Patch
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:00:08 GMT
Attached is a diff that addresses bug 10479 in the manner suggested by
Dims below.  Dims, would you please review the fix and commit it if you
agree with the content.  In addition to applying the patch, the
following files need to be removed.

Src/log4j.properties
Lib/log4j-1.2.4.jar
Lib/log4j-1.2.4.LICENSE

This changes the default logging behavior of Axis by removing Log4J from
the distribution.  The new behavior in order of evaluation is:

1. Use the log implementation specified as a property
2. Use Log4J if available in the classpath
3. Use JDK 1.4 logging if available in the classpath
4. Use the commons SimpleLog which writes to Standard.err

So, if you want Log4J logging, simply put it in the classpath and place
your properties file in the appropriate place.  Otherwise you get JDK
1.4 or Simple depending on your JVM.

The only weird part about this fix is that I had to change
test.wsdl.extensibility.ExtensibilityQueryTestCase.  This testcase
relied on Log4J.  When I commented out the references to Log4J classes
all-tests ran fine.  Could the author of this test case please comment
on whether this is safe?

Thanks,
Jaime