axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <rsi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Axis seems to ignore JSSE System Properties
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:23:39 GMT
Please try newer (nightly) build.  JSSE code has changed/been-fixed since
1.0 I believe.

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

"Darren Marvin" <djm@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk>
11/21/2002 03:17 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

        To:     <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Axis seems to ignore JSSE System Properties

Hi,

I did post the following to the user list, but since I may be looking at
changing Axis source code it may be better posting it here.

I am using Axis web services over HTTPS with both client and server
certificate authentication. Everything is fine as long as I use only the
default keystore location $HOME/.keystore and default password 'changeit'.
I would like to specify alternative values for these variables. You can do
this for JSSE by setting the following System Properties:

javax.net.ssl.KeyStore and javax.net.ssl.KeyStorePassword

Unfortunately if I do set these then Axis seems to ignore them when it
makes its invocation. I have looked at the Axis source code and discovered
that JSSESocketFactory is the class that sets up the HTTPS socket
connection. It has some default values for the keystore etc but also
allows overiding them with values from the handler options. Unfortunately
I don't think this class reads the the ssl system properties. I don't want
to have to change the Axis source if I can help it.

Any help / pointers to better solutions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Darren.