axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Last commit - API change for Serializers
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:41:49 GMT

Please NOTE:
  Glen's change affects the Serializer API in a minor way.
  This will require custom Serializers that implement writeSchema() to CHANGE for Axis 1.x.

I think everyone realized this, but I just wanted to make sure it was noted.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 12:06 PM
To: Axis-Dev (E-mail)
Subject: Last commit

We now support anonymous schema types when generating WSDL.  No more ">" QNames in the
WSDL, etc.

I forgot to note that another effect of the change was to pull some of the logic that was
in Types out into the individual serializers, to be more architecturally accurate.  This means
that the EnumSerializer and the ArraySerializer now know how to write the appropriate schemas,
instead of special-casing those guys in the Types code.

--Glen