axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Douglas Bitting <Douglas.Bitt...@agile.com>
Subject RE: Style=document over RPC ?
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:25:23 GMT
As near as I can tell, document based operations are discovered based on the type of the parameter.
 That is, if a <PurchaseOrder> comes in, and
<PurchaseOrder> is mapped to foo.PurchaseOrder, the method that is invokes is that which
has the single argument of type foo.PurchaseOrder.

Seems like a perfectly valid approach since the document is supposed to define the operation.
 Of course, if my understanding of how this works is
wrong... feel free to correct me.  :-)

Cheers,
--Doug

-----Original Message-----
From: Vidyanand Murunikkara [mailto:Vidyanand@infravio.com]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 3:17 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Style=document over RPC ?

Hi folks

There has been some heated discussions in axis-user over rpc style or
document style recently which basically started off with someone asking
if they could use a WSDL with document style and the Axis server would
use RPCProvider to do all the XML <-> Java Binding.

So for anyone outside it is a document based operation but at the server
side the RPC provider will be used to call the corresponding method
after doing all the required XML-> Java conversions. The user need not
worry about any of the marshalling/unmarshalling. Now comes the question
as to how we identify the operation from the incoming message. We could
use soapactionURI to indicate which operation needs to be called. We
have made a slight modification to the code to make this work... and it
seems to work in most "Normal" cases.

Do you think such a feature need to be added to Axis ?

Thanks
Vidyanand.