axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Modifying content in handler
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:46:05 GMT
I've been experimenting with modifying message data in a handler (I want
to implement simple Adobe-style "encryption" of content using a
substitution cipher) and having a very hard time getting this to work
cleanly. The only way I could find to directly access the XML structure
of the SOAP-BODY was to getBodyElements() on the SOAPEnvelope, then cast
them to MessageElements and getAsDOM(). That allows me to manipulate the
XML - but the changes I make don't appear to effect what gets processed
further down the handler chain, so it looks like getAsDOM() just returns
a clone of the structure.

MessageElement itself doesn't allow for easy modification of data - it
supplies add and remove methods, but no replace that I could find. Is
there any way to transform text content without completely rebuilding
the body of the message?

Thanks,

  - Dennis