axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Vidyanand Murunikkara" <Vidyan...@infravio.com>
Subject Few questions on the build
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:54:38 GMT
Hi

1) In the build.xml there is some notes about optional components. Are
these required to be in every developers machine? I needed to add
mailapi.jar to the lib directory to get it compiling. But it is supposed
to be an optional component. Am I missing something ?

2) I tried running "ant clean all-tests" after adding mailapi.jar to the
lib directory. I end up getting stuck at running the
tests.saaj.PackageTests. I get a UnsupportedDataTypeException from JAF.
Again is there somethign possibly wrong with my environment.

3) I use JDK 1.4 for development. Is that ok or does Axis mandate a JDK
1.3.1 ?

4. THe developer's guide requires xerces to be present. Since I use JDK
1.4 I already have a JAXP compliant parser. Is that good enough ? ( I
have read in one of the threads that xerces is preferred ).

Thanx for taking a look at this and hoping to hear soon :-)
Vidyanand.