axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Class loader madness and useless error reporting
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:02:11 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthias Brunner" <mb@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 05:43
Subject: Class loader madness and useless error reporting

Hello,

I do not know whether this is a bug in tomcat or axis or both (in
fact, I do not even know if it is it a bug at all or it is me how is
dumb).
But for now I will only report it here please correct me if I am
wrong.

------
Software used:
tomcat 4.1.12, axis 1.0, sun jdk 1.4.1_01-b01, linux

I have an RPC-style service, the required JAR myservice.jar is
located in axis/WEB-INF/lib. This has been working without any
problems for months.
I needed some of the classes in another context so I moved the JAR
from axis/WEB-INF/lib to shared/lib (as the tomcat documentation
tells me to).
Now when I access axis/servlet/AxisServlet an empty page is returned
(and calling the service results in the same error as listed below).
localhost_log contains the following message:

Likely cause is the shared jar needs access to classes in axis.jar, which is
in the 'lower' classloader and hence invisible. Move axis and needed jars
up, perhaps