axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <...@hursley.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [WSIF] [PROPOSAL]Additional contribution ... JCA (J2C) provider
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:52:48 GMT
+1 from me!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeremy Hughes
  To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:19 AM
  Subject: [WSIF] [PROPOSAL]Additional contribution ... JCA (J2C) provider

  Hi

  [Apologies if you have this more than once.]

  A team in IBM (Piotr Przybylski, Michael Beisiegel and Hesham Fahmy) have developed a JCA
(J2C) provider for WSIF. They would like to contribute this code to the xml-axis-wsif project.

  The WSIF Extensions for J2EE Connector Architecture (J2C) allow Enterprise Information Systems
(EIS) to provide the following:

  * Modeling of interactions with the EIS as services, using WSDL.
  * Execution of interactions with the EIS using WSIF.
  * Implementation of the Import Service that exposes EIS metadata in WSDL.

  Piotr's HTML architecture document which describes the provider in more detail is in CVS
along with the code and sample adapter under:

  xml-axis-wsif/proposals/jca/

  This is a significant enhancement to WSIF which enables web services client programs to
call EIS applications via J2C using the WSIF model.

  I propose:

  a) we accept the provider & sample into the xml-axis-wsif source tree
  b) to continue development and support the provider, we add Piotr, Michael and Hesham as
committers to xml-axis-wsif

  Please send your comments and votes.

  Thanks,
  Jeremy