axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Darren Marvin" <...@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk>
Subject Axis seems to ignore JSSE System Properties
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:17:59 GMT
Hi,

I did post the following to the user list, but since I may be looking at changing Axis source
code it may be better posting it here.

I am using Axis web services over HTTPS with both client and server certificate authentication.
Everything is fine as long as I use only the default keystore location $HOME/.keystore and
default password 'changeit'. I would like to specify alternative values for these variables.
You can do this for JSSE by setting the following System Properties:

javax.net.ssl.KeyStore and javax.net.ssl.KeyStorePassword

Unfortunately if I do set these then Axis seems to ignore them when it makes its invocation.
I have looked at the Axis source code and discovered that JSSESocketFactory is the class that
sets up the HTTPS socket connection. It has some default values for the keystore etc but also
allows overiding them with values from the handler options. Unfortunately I don't think this
class reads the the ssl system properties. I don't want to have to change the Axis source
if I can help it.

Any help / pointers to better solutions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Darren.