axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Bahman Kalali" <bkal...@math.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Fw: How to get an operation Name in a Requestor Handler
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:32:13 GMT

I sent this to message to the User's list, but I think it is more related in this newsgroup.

I really appriecate your help.

--Bahman
http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~bkalali

----- Original Message -----
From: Bahman Kalali
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:57 PM
Subject: How to get an operation Name in a Requestor Handler

I am trying to write a Service requestor Handler. Inside the Handler's invoke method, I want
to get the method name of service provider:

I can get an operation name from a MessageContext as follows.
public void invoke(MessageContext msgContext) throws AxisFault

{

Handler serviceHandler = msgContext.getService();

Message msg=msgContext.getRequestMessage();

SOAPEnvelope envelope=msg.getSOAPEnvelope();

Element envElement=envelope.getAsDOM();

Document doc= envelope.getAsDocument();

String operationName=mygetOperation(doc);

}

Is there any other way that I can get an operation name and its expected passing parameters
in my Handlers from a MessageContext?

I tried this, but it gives me NULL pointer exception error.

OperationDesc op =msgContext.getOperation();

Method t= op.getMethod();

System.out.println(t.getName())===>java.lang.NullPointerException

I really appreciate your input.

--Bahman