axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Hughes" <Jeremy.Hug...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject [WSIF] [PROPOSAL]Additional contribution ... JCA (J2C) provider
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:19:59 GMT
Hi

[Apologies if you have this more than once.]

A team in IBM (Piotr Przybylski, Michael Beisiegel and Hesham Fahmy) have
developed a JCA (J2C) provider for WSIF. They would like to contribute
this code to the xml-axis-wsif project.

The WSIF Extensions for J2EE Connector Architecture (J2C) allow Enterprise
Information Systems (EIS) to provide the following:

* Modeling of interactions with the EIS as services, using WSDL.
* Execution of interactions with the EIS using WSIF.
* Implementation of the Import Service that exposes EIS metadata in WSDL.

Piotr's HTML architecture document which describes the provider in more
detail is in CVS along with the code and sample adapter under:

xml-axis-wsif/proposals/jca/

This is a significant enhancement to WSIF which enables web services
client programs to call EIS applications via J2C using the WSIF model.

I propose:

a) we accept the provider & sample into the xml-axis-wsif source tree
b) to continue development and support the provider, we add Piotr, Michael
and Hesham as committers to xml-axis-wsif

Please send your comments and votes.

Thanks,
Jeremy