axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Aravind Chavar" <arvin...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is it bug?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 15:49:23 GMT
In the webservice I am  invoking a webservice , where EJB is the provider
and AXIS-RC2 is the SOAP server.

CLIENT : Microsoft .NET

PROBLEM :  Deserializer error on client side while parsing AXIS  response.

WHAT I HAVE DONE :
So I trapped the SOAP packets using TCPMon.Attached are set of XML files for
request and response.I notice that in SOAP response  generated by AXIS that
there is unwanted value - It  is number "2000"  embedded in between the
items of an array as in

    <item xsi:nil="true"/>
    <item xsi:nil="true"/>

2000

<item xsi:nil="true"/>
    <item xsi:nil="true"/>

Yet in some cases it is worse as this number is embdded withing the item tag
as in

    <item xsi:nil="true"/>
    <item xsi:nil="t

2000

rue"/>
    <item xsi:nil="true"/>
    <item xsi:nil="true"/>

I guess this causing the deserializer error.What is this number 2000?.It is
definitely not from my application.Is it a kind of UNICODE
character?.Becuase of all of this , I thiink it may be a bug in response
generated by  AXIS.Can somebody please give an insight into this, before I
could post this as a bug.

Thanks,

Arvind