axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: SOAP stacktrace
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:55:35 GMT

<detail> contains information specific to the fault in question, and sometimes the package
that created it.  In this case, the stack trace is just a standard Java printStackTrace()
output, and anyone who cares to look for the <stacktrace> element can get at it.  We've
discussed putting in a switch to turn this on and off for a service/engine, in fact.

So the short answer is no, it doesn't follow a particular standard.  For things like this,
and exception class names, it might be nice if all the Java implementations agreed on a standard,
and that might be something you see in future revs of JAX-RPC.

--Glen