axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Stubs moving to single-threadedness
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:28:39 GMT

Hi folks!

As discussed last week both on the list and in person with Sam & Tom, I'd like to switch
the stubs back to the way they used to be, namely each stub having a single Call object which
gets reused.  So multiple threads can share a Service/Locator, but each stub should only be
used by one thread.  This is very intuitive, I think, and has several advantages:

1) Simplicity.  The code in the stubs would become much cleaner and smaller, making reading
and debugging easier

2) Ease of use.  It becomes possible to rely on state changes in the stub, which makes stub.addHeader(),
stub.getCall(), etc. possible

3) (related to 2) This would enable a richer future design for dealing with SOAP extensions
in a user-friendly manner

I asked for comments on this last week, but didn't hear anything.  I'd like to move forward
with this - can I get a +1?

--Glen