axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: www.xmltoday.com
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 06:11:57 GMT

This reminds me of a suggestion I wanted to make...

I believe our functional tests should not require an internet connection.  We should have
all the WSDLs we care about locally available, pointing to local services, and we should use
recorded XML playback to mimic the external sites.  In most cases, there is only one exchange,
which would be pretty easy to record and play back with our own server.

The benefits of this would be huge, including much faster builds and freedom from problems
like this.  Our tests would test the important things we need to know to make sure Axis is
working, and then we can have separate "interop" tests which actually go out and hit services
on the public net.

Thoughts?

--Glen