axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Moore <>
Subject RE: Stubs moving to single-threadedness
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:47:18 GMT
FYI: We have code that depends on the current behavior and would prefer that
it didn't change.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Spreitzer []
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: Stubs moving to single-threadedness

I'm not going to cast an official vote, since I'm not an official
contributor (just lurking here), but I'l de-lurk to point out that I do
not consider the proposal to be intuitive.  In general, "object" !=
"thread".  From a user's point of view, the constraint that "each stub
should only be used by one thread" is neither natural nor convenient in a
general multi-threaded program. I
have written multi-threaded distributed programs using other technologies
(and I have conributed to other RPC technologies), and used stubs from
more than one thread; the proposed constraint would just be an added pain
in those programs.

View raw message