axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Brunner>
Subject Re: Attachments
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:37:06 GMT
Hello Rick,

On Thursday 17 October 2002 16:11, Rick Rineholt wrote:
> Attachment parts are Axis's interface to attachments and JAF
> objects (DataHandler) are used to represent the attachments  which
> by in large is recommend or mandated by the JAX-RPC or JAX-M
> specs.  When used as attachments neither of these are on the
> "wire" so another implementation (MS) would not be aware of their
> existence.

I apologize for my ignorance but why do you need this DataHandler
object? It confuses me a bit that, when creating RPC calls I have to
define a "dummy parameter" in order to receive attachments. Why not
just access the MessageContext?

Best regards!
Matthias Brunner <>
PGP FP 7862 32B3 3B75 292A F76F  5042 8587 21AB 5B89 D501
Check out

View raw message