axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Whatever happened to Castor support?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:58:21 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Bitting" <Douglas.Bitting@agile.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 11:49 PM
Subject: Whatever happened to Castor support?

> A while back, some files were posted to the list which enabled support
Castor (de)serialization.  Did the powers-that-be decide that this should
not
> be part of Axis, or did this just slip through the cracks?  Seems like
this could be very valuable...

> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-dev&m=102461545206363&w=2
>
> Cheers,
> --Doug

I have the files from olivier and have put them into their own package under
the other serialisers, modified build.xml to not build them when castor is
missing. I also need to move the exception messages into the i18n framework,
write some tests and the docs. Till then I aint going to commit them.

now, if you want to help with any of the stuff we can stick them into the
CVS_HEAD to target axis1.1...