axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/i18n
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:34:28 GMT
:-(   And DON'T break the build like I just did...

I KNOW I checked that... but that was before this mornings patch to fix

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

Richard Sitze/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
09/20/2002 11:06 AM
Please respond to axis-dev
        Subject:        Re: cvs commit:

My focus in on the extensability of AXIS, to allow it to be incorporated
into varying projects/environments.  So, this is not so much a functional
requirement (new function/feature), but support for extending the messages

within the AXIS framework.

Yes, it does have broad ramifications.  It's also clear if it's broken,
there is little question if I get it right/wrong.  Finally, as broad as
the changes are, they don't really impact other development much (unless I

screw up)- as I'm playing with the underlying code of this key component
and not the interface.

(Hey, *I* tried to play with the interface, I was voted down also :-)

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
09/20/2002 10:59 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

I don't mean this as a comment on this commit (or on Rich of course) but
very curious...the async support was -1'd because people didn't want
such any new APIs so late in the 1.0 cycle and yet we're allowing
of the build/test structure, the message structure... (any others....?).
types of changes could potentially have a far larger negative impact than
introducing *new* APIs.  If the new APIs don't work then there's no harm
to the existing Axis users.  So I'm curious - why can't the async stuff go
-Dug on 09/20/2002 11:19:25 AM

Please respond to