axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Rineholt" <>
Subject Handler processing procedure for Soap MustUnderstand attribute
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:03:35 GMT

Hello all,
All of sudden between B3 and roughly now some code we had that did send a
mustUnderstand attib in a header but the receiving site did not do anything
with regard
to that attribute but did process the header and worked ok.  Unless I read
this code
wrong, I'm assuming that something got fixed in Axis that is now checking
>From looking at Axis's code it seems that to avoid this a handler needs to
the setMustUnderstand on the SOAPHeaderElement with false which actually
would change the header for yet another downstream handler.  Not that this
an issue for me just thought it would work differently like having an
attribute and not changing the mustUnderstand attribute.

Rick Rineholt
"The truth is out there...  All you need is a better search engine!"

View raw message