axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Seibert <>
Subject VOTE: Move to new test/samples structure
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 19:36:27 GMT
Okay guys....

Roundtrip is now fixed.  I have 100% success on all component tests,
including the one (jaxrpchandler) that got dropped earlier today.  Here is
the state of the union:

I fell comfortable "turning this on" for RC 1.0.  Here is what that means:

"ant -buildfile buildTest.xml functional-tests" works just as well (no
regressions) as "ant functional-tests" does today.  I would like to replace
the functional-tests target in build.xml with the following:
      <ant antfile="${axis.home}/buildTest.xml" target="functional-tests"/>
Then, when you do an "ant functional-tests" from now on, you're doing my

"ant -buildfile buildSamples.xml compile" produces the same output as "ant
samples".  I would like to replace the guts of the samples target in build.
xml with the followin:
      <ant antfile="${axis.home}/buildSamples.xml" target="compile"/>

I would also like to do the following, for enhanced function:
I would like to add a new target to build.xml.
      One is "componentTest" which execs, in serial, every component test,
setting up the server for each one.
      This lets you run "all components" at a component level, without
having to step into every path by hand

And I will let you know that the following limitations exist:
      1) Not ALL dependancies are known (I found at least one broken today,
which means that I need to go back and revisit all of them)
            Component level runs SHOULD work for 98% of the cases.  It may
very well be 100%.
      2) The "componentTest" run takes about 30 minutes on my machine.
This is due to the set up and teardown of the server(s).
            The "functional-tests" target (normally what you are used to
seeing) takes approx. the same time as the old method (10 mins)

Matt Seibert
IBM        External:    (512) 838-3656      Internal:   678-3656

View raw message