axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Hughes" <Jeremy.Hug...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [wsif] first official WSIF release?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:09:17 GMT
Alek,

Thanks for kicking this off. I would like to ask that we use 1.2.0 as the
first version. This sounds strange so I'll explain. WSIF started in IBM
(which I'm sure you know since you wrote some of it!) with version 1.0. It
then went through another rev to v1.1 so rather than calling this first
Apache version 1.0 (which would be confusing to those who've used older
levels of WSIF when it was com.ibm.wsif), I would like 1.2.0.

Also, JMS API is downloadable separately at
http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html (v1.0.2b)

You suggest including the Ant package, is that normal ... I have tended to
just take the latest from the Ant site and use that across all projects
that require Ant. I guess, for convenience it would be good, but will need
maintenance whenever Ant upgrades.

In terms of your P.S. note. org.apache.wsif.* (no sub packages) should be
all that is needed to use WSIF.

+1 to everything else.

Thanks again,
Jeremy