axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Davis <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/i18n MessagesConstants.java RB.java ExtendMessages.java ProjectResourceBundle.java Messages.java
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:59:52 GMT

I don't mean this as a comment on this commit (or on Rich of course) but
I'm
very curious...the async support was -1'd because people didn't want
such any new APIs so late in the 1.0 cycle and yet we're allowing redesigns
of the build/test structure, the message structure... (any others....?).
These
types of changes could potentially have a far larger negative impact than
introducing *new* APIs.  If the new APIs don't work then there's no harm
done
to the existing Axis users.  So I'm curious - why can't the async stuff go
in?
-Dug

rsitze@apache.org on 09/20/2002 11:19:25 AM