axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From R J Scheuerle Jr <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] TCK fixes into 1.0 branch
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:47:22 GMT

+1

Rich Scheuerle
IBM WebSphere & Axis Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Russell

                      Butek/Austin/IBM@        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBMUS                    cc:

                                               Subject:  [VOTE] TCK fixes into 1.0 branch

                      09/26/2002 01:30

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

There are two patches that we need to pass the TCK:

- SimpleDeserializer.java (version 1.28) - the empty string ("") serialized
to SOAP message "<name></name>" and deserialized to null.  Bad.  It should
deserialize back to "".

- TypeMappingImpl.java (version 1.35) - register should fail if ser factory
and deser factory are null.

With these fixes I was able to pass the TCK again and Sam was 1 test away
from passing.  I'm hoping his problem is an environment problem.

+1 from me to get these 2 patches into 1.0.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com