axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Proposed WSDL2java change - TomJ please read
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 14:52:08 GMT
Uwe is correct, this is why I added the error.
I believe this is incorrect WSDL.

What kind of signature do you get if we don't throw an error?
Doesn't it just ignore the part?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Uwe Hanisch [mailto:Uwe.Hanisch@t-systems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 9:26 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposed WSDL2java change - TomJ please read

http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl#_parameter
"2.4.6 Parameter Order within an Operation" says:

- If a part name appears in both the input and output message,
   it is an in/out parameter

IMO that implies that parts in input and output message be
of exactly the same type, if you use the part name in
a parameterOrder attribute.
(see also
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl12/#issue-require-type-match-for-in-out-parameters)

So the following example would be only valid until you
don't use the "body" part name in a parameterOrder
attribute of "GetLastTradePrice" operation:

   <wsdl:message name="GetLastTradePriceInput">
     <wsdl:part name="body" element="xsd1:TradePriceRequest"/>
   </wsdl:message>

   <wsdl:message name="GetLastTradePriceOutput">
     <wsdl:part name="body" element="xsd1:TradePrice"/>
   </wsdl:message>

   <wsdl:operation name="GetLastTradePrice">
     <wsdl:input message="tns:GetLastTradePriceInput"/>
     <wsdl:output message="tns:GetLastTradePriceOutput"/>
   </wsdl:operation>

Uwe