axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: anyType support fixed
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:44:34 GMT

>     Glen> How could that possibly make any sense?  If you have a type
>     Glen> which you are never going to be able to receive, what good
>     Glen> does it do to put an "anyType" placeholder there?
>
> We've registered a custom serializer for Locale. Although we don't
> pass it as a parameter, we do have it inside other classes.
>
> We just register the de/serializer in the wsdd. seems to work.

OK, but if you have a type mapping registered for this thing, you shouldn't be messing with
anyType at all.

My point is this.  If you try to generate a schema for:

public class Container {
   public Thing thing;
}

...and you don't have a type mapping registered for thing, we should fail, not generate "anyType".
 The solution to this is to do what you did, i.e. register a type mapping, before the WSDL
generation, and then you'll get the right schema.

The only time we should generate anyType is for things like:

public class Container {
   public Object thing;
}

...because anyType maps to Object.