axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Agrawal, Anuj (Anuj)** CTR **" <agra...@lucent.com>
Subject REPOST: looks like this didn't make it to the mailing list
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:27:20 GMT
Hi -

I have a need to generate custom BindingImpls (not just empty implementations).  I used the
-F option with WSDL2Java in Axis Beta 2 and it worked well for me.  But now i'm using Axis
Beta 3, and things have changed.

This is how i use it:
	-F org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.ABCJavaGeneratorFactory
where ABCJavaGeneratorFactory has minor changes to reference ABCJavaBindingWriter (which has
minor changes to reference ABCJavaImplWriter, which contains my true changes to the impls).

Unfortunately i get:

[apply] java.lang.NullPointerException
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.ABCJavaGeneratorFactory.javifyNames(Unknown Source)
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.ABCJavaGeneratorFactory.generatorPass(Unknown Source)
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.generate(Parser.java:280)
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser.access$000(Parser.java:83)
[apply]     at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:248)
[apply]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

for each wsdl file i use.

I managed to trace it to the Emitter being null.  And there is a comment in the ABCJavaGeneratorFactory
that says "Note that this class is unusable until setEmitter is called" - which is never called
(as far as i can see). :(

Can someone help with this please?  Is this the RIGHT way of creating custom Impls?
Thanks.
Anuj.