axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From David Chappell <chapp...@sonicsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Re: Asynchronous Transport in Apache Axis, JMS and beyond
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:14:47 GMT
Hi James,
Here it is attached.  The contents of transport-jms.zip belong in
org.apache.axis.transport.jms, the
contents of samples-jms.zip under samples/jms, and the following files
replace the pre-existing ones-
  axisNLS.properties -> org.apache.axis.utils
  build.xml -> java
  targets.xml -> java/xmls

Everything should be freshly re-diffed and up to date as of this
morning.

At the moment JMSTest.java is intended to be run manually.  We would
like to add more tests to the automated test suite, but we need to think
about issues like starting and stopping a JMS provider process in a
generic fashion.  Your input would be greatly appreciated on this.

Thanks,
Dave

James M Snell wrote:

> Somebody with write access to the CVS tree needs to commit it.  If you
> send me everything that needs to go up in a nice little zip file, I'll
> unzip and upload it for you.
>
> - James Snell
>      IBM Emerging Technologies
>      jasnell@us.ibm.com
>      (559) 587-1233 (office)
>      (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
>      Programming Web Services With SOAP
>          O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952
>
>      Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
>      Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
>      God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9
>
> David Chappell <chappell@sonicsoftware.com> wrote on 09/09/2002 01:35:34
> PM:
>
> > Yes that sounds like a great way to proceed.  How do things physically
> > get to the proposals directory?
> > Dave
>
> > James M Snell wrote:
> > >
> > > David,
> > >
> > > Sorry about the JMS stuff, I just haven't had a good opportunity yet
> > > thoroughly review it (which I planned to do this week).  Both you JMS
> > > stuff and my async interface stuff could go into the proposals
> directory.
> merged
> > > into the main branch.
> > >
> > > When Jaime gets back, give me a call (number is in my sig) and we'll
> have
> > > a chat about how to move forward and get this stuff done.  I'll dig
> > > through the JMS stuff in detail this week and will hope to provide
> > > feedback/comments for you by Friday.
> > >
> > > Sound like a good way to proceed?
> > >
> > > - James Snell
> > >      IBM Emerging Technologies
> > >      jasnell@us.ibm.com
> > >      (559) 587-1233 (office)
> > >      (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
> > >      Programming Web Services With SOAP
> > >          O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952
> > >
> > >      Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
> > >      Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
> > >      God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9
> > >
> > > David Chappell <chappell@sonicsoftware.com> wrote on 09/09/2002
> 04:43:58
> > > AM:

> seen a