axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: [wsif] first official WSIF release?
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 18:44:52 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> [...]

hi.,

that is good!

what i was thinking was just a convenience to provide a working
Ant installation. otherwise nothing can stop you from running your
Ant version unless of course your version is not compatible (too old)
with project build.xml :-)

i am just speaking based on my experience with having to constantly
upgrade Ant to the latest version required by different projects and
as well in the light of upcoming Ant2 ...
so on my system i have  currently Ant 1.3, 1.4.1, 1.5,
and 1.5.1beta1 (just in case when the latest Ant is required for some projects) .

BTW: is there any easy way to force check in build.xml for required
version of Ant (maybe using ant.version)?

thanks,

alek