axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin T. Smith" <kevintsm...@attbi.com>
Subject env.getHeader() in Service Handlers
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 18:38:57 GMT
I have written a service handler that extends BasicHandler, and have overridden the invoke()
method.

When I send a SOAP message with a header, however, my handler I created does not see any of
the information sent in the header..

In the invoke() method, I do the following:
-----
        Message msg = context.getRequestMessage();
        if ( msg == null )
          throw new AxisFault(JavaUtils.getMessage("noRequest00"));

        SOAPEnvelope env = msg.getSOAPEnvelope();
        SOAPHeader sh = env.getHeader();
        System.out.println (sh);
-----
Always, I get the following:

<ns1:Header xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"/>

----

So what strips out the header before it gets to my handler? Any response would be great.

Axis on my system is in the default configuration.

Thanks,

Kevin T. Smith
kevintsmith@attbi.com