axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/transport/http HTTPSender.java
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:16:25 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Jordahl" <tomj@macromedia.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 7:15 AM
Subject: RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/transport/http
HTTPSender.java

> I have no strong opinion on the version string format.  I would say
'Axis/1.0' would be good.

I think this kind of constant should really be teased out of the code and
put in a constants file. But that can be a post 1.0 refactoring.

> As to the whitespace issue, I would say we *always* convert tabs to
spaces, but the trailing whitespace feature seems to cause tons of
whitespace diffs which (as I believe Rich pointed out) is just annoying, not
useful.

> I would turn off the strip trailing whitespace feature of you IDE.  I
turned mine off in IDEA.

you can say 'only on lines you edited', which makes it less obvious.