axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: REPOST: ServiceLifecycle Bug
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:54:21 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glen Daniels" <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 6:39 AM
Subject: RE: REPOST: ServiceLifecycle Bug

> I'm investigating this today.  There is a HttpSessionListener class in the
servlet library, which is for getting callbacks when sessions expire - this
seems like just the right hook, but I don't yet understand how to register
these.

You do it in the deployment descriptor of version 2.3 or later. I dont know
of any way to dynamically add new ones, but we really need some way to do so
using reflection unless we want to get into building different versions of
axis with different web.xml versions for 2.2 and 2.3 (and soon, 2.4)
platforms.