axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From sc...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Simple types
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:03:57 GMT
Let me get this straight.  The proposal is to change isSimple*Type to look
up the xmlType in the TypeMappingRegistry and then check the xmlType to see
if it is a "simple" type ?  +1

Rich Scheuerle
IBM WebSphere & Axis Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Glen Daniels

                      <gdaniels@macrome        To:       "'Axis-Dev (E-mail)'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                      dia.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  Simple types

                      07/29/2002 10:58

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

I just noticed a potential problem with Types.isSimple*Type(), which is
that they key off the Java class - this means that if anyone puts in non-
standard mappings for basic types, we'll incorrectly deal with them when
generating WSDL.  I propose we switch this to key off of the currently
mapped XML types for these things instead of the Java class.

--Glen